COVID 19 UPDATE
Beginning June 29, The Incline Railway will begin daily departures on a limited basis from the lower station in St. Elmo!
Tickets are available for purchase starting Thursday, June 25.
No initial passenger trips will start at the top station.
Face Covering will be required to ride the Incline Railway. (Masks are available for purchase in the gift shop.)
When you are ready for a ride up America’s Most Amazing Mile we are here with open arms and smiles to greet you! We look forward to bringing the history and beautiful views to our passengers aboard our brand new railcars!
We are concerned for your safety and have taken the following precautions:
- Advance online ticket purchases are not required but are strongly encouraged due to limited seating capacity.
- Tickets are for a specific date and time and are limited so purchase early. Tickets are valid for a year from purchase date.
- Late arrivals may need to be rescheduled as capacity on the cars is limited and carefully enforced.
- Guests who are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms should reschedule your visit.
- Loading will be one way and will start at the Lower Station only at 3917 St. Elmo Avenue. For return trips from the top station at 827 East Brow Road, we will be loading cars one way and on a first come, first served basis.
- All employees are required to wear face coverings and will receive a health screening prior to each shift to ensure your safety and health while visiting.
- Hand sanitizer stations are installed at both the Upper and Lower stations.
- Incline staff will be cleaning all high touch surfaces including handrails, grab bars, and door handles inside the cars between each trip.
- Restrooms and high touch surfaces in the stations (handrails, sanitizer stations, door handles) will be cleaned regularly.
- One-way directional signage has been installed to help ensure one-way foot traffic.
- Waiting areas have Plexiglas partitions installed and are clearly marked with the CDC's recommended 6ft of social distancing.
- Our gift shops and Clumpie’s Ice Cream will be open during regular business hours and as always, no outside food or beverage are allowed on the Incline cars.